Wakayama, a photobook created by Lance Henderstein
“For 3 years, I’ve been traveling to Wakayama, Japan in an attempt to evoke the place and its people through photography.
For every set of photos I took for travel stories, I took others for this project, hoping to render Wakayama in tableau.
Now I’ve selected the best of those photos, and with your help, I’d like to print them in a photobook called: Wakayama.”
Lance Henderstein is a writer and photographer from Detroit, Michigan. “I spent most of my adult life in Japan and am currently based in Milan, Italy. My work has been featured in the BBC, Roads and Kingdoms, VICE, British Journal of Photography, and The Japan Times. I’m also on Instagram: instagram.com/lancestein”,
If you want to help and support Lance to publish this unique book, please visit https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/lancestein/wakayama-a-photobook
- Cloth bound hardcover with embossed title & Japanese binding
- Cotton wove paper to ensure softness and durability
- 22 x 30 cm (8.5″ x 12″)
- 50 pages
- 65 color images
- Layout by Japanese designer Tsutomu Sueyoshi
- Printed in Italy (by third-generation independent bookbinder Legatoria Borghi)
This is my first attempt at crowdfunding and making my own photobook.
I’m confident because:
– printers in Italy are some of the best in the world
– our layout designer Tsutomu Sueyoshi has worked with some of the biggest magazines in Japan
– the photos included in the book are as unique as the place they were taken
Once the Kickstarter completes the books start printing. After being checked for quality I’ll start shipping them out.
I expect the books to be delivered by end of November and think they’ll make wonderful holiday gifts.
thank you, Lance Henderstein